Saturday, August 27, 2011

our weekends

WJ has been working in Louisiana and only home on the weekends.  He drives in from Bossier City late Fridays and the girls are usually asleep.  Last night Goose (our oldest daughter's nickname...silly goose) decided to stay up...we did our usual "friday night cleaning" where she loves to dust and do windows.  Watching her clean reminded me of my Mama Doll, which I'll write more about another day.  Goose is growing too fast and I want to hold onto her every detail until the memories are embedded in my heart forever.  Anyway, back to WJ (the husband)...

gotta love their style, even Goose's pose in the background!


Waking up with the girls so excited he's home is a priceless Saturday morning routine now... baby A (or Sissy, as we've come to call her) has been sick with an ear infection all week, so needless to say she has been VERY grumpy and clingy (if that's a word).  But oh no, not this morning.  As we lay in the bed listening to her coo and talk in the monitor, I roll over and quickly let him know that it's not at all fair for him to be here one day and she's well!  I had to hear the screaming all week.  That was a completely humorous statement because in reality, I was relieved to hear her sweet little voice talking to her monkey book or bear, or the wall...whatever she was focused on.  I was also thankful he could enjoy her instead of having to hand her straight off to me because of her screaming in pain...  it's been a great day.  From that moment this morning to now.  Being together and watching the girls with their daddy.  I am very grateful for beautiful days with these 3 people.  And happy that even though he's only here for 2 days, he is gracious enough to give me a little 'mommy break' as I prepare to see "the Help" with my sweet friend L.  We both read the book recently and I have heard nothing but awesome reviews of the movie.   I'll post more tomorrow...

Good night blog world...

No comments:

Post a Comment