Tuesday, September 11, 2012

She made it...

Ashli is in Africa. 

This post will not be eloquent, or elaborate.  But I have committed to posting about Ashli's World Race and keeping with that, I got up out of bed to post and stay current on her journey.  Yes, I was in bed before ten, and still plan to be.. I have 7 minutes :)

Ashli sent us an email that was typed while on the plane to Africa on Sept 10...which may have been the 9th for us.  I have no idea how to keep up with time zones.  One more lesson I'll make sure to learn while teaching homeschool this year. 

The email was long and I was appreciative to be included in the group who received it.  I cannot imagine what her actual family feels, because my heart is kind of still in shock.  But it's a numbing that comes with tears and a half smile.  She is doing what she KNOWS is best for her at this point in her life.  And for that, I commend her. And think how many will be eternally effected by this journey! 

From what I could gather about her schedule she will be in Zimbabwe until the end of September. There is a way to follow her journey on the World Race website; when I'm not sleepy, I will look into it and post the link. 

4 minutes...  
So: 
Prayer requests. 
I've included the end of her email for...well, because having it on here makes me feel close to her.  And I wanted to list what she has asked us to pray for.

As far as I can tell, we will be in Zimbabwe until the end of Sept. When we will travel BACK to South Africa, as that is our second country on the list....A lot of times we don’t know what we are doing until we are doing it. Simply because plans change constantly.
 
Well, this is a really long e-mail ... sorry about that. And I think that’s all the info I have for now.
Please keep praying:
-healing for my back
-against sickness on my team
-for God’s people to rise up and KNOW Him
-wisdom and discernment for myself and my team
 
I love you all so much and let the countdown to July 31 begin!!! : )
 
Love always,
Ashli
 

Thank you for joining me in this.  Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment